03 Apr Importance of Proper Truck Tire Maintenance
Tires are the only part of the car that has direct contact with the road. Tires affect vehicle handling, ride, braking, and safety. For optimum performance, tires must have the correct air pressure, tread depth, balance and the wheels of the vehicle must be properly aligned.
Checking the tires on a regular basis is an important step in protecting your safety and your automotive investment. Ideally, tire inspections should be performed monthly. If you drive over potholes and debris in the road, live in a cold climate, or drive long distances regularly, then you should inspect your tires more often.
Always inspect your tires before a long trip. The more often these inspections are performed, the easier it will be to find a small problem, such as a nail in your tire, and fix it before it becomes a more expensive and time-consuming issue.
- Select the right tire for the job
- Ensure and maintain proper cold inflation tire pressure.
- Inspect tires regularly.
- Abide by a tire’s recommended speed rating.
“ Tires are one of a fleet’s most important assets.”
- Auto fleet manager gains from other companies’ outsourcing
- Corporate Fleet Services Celebrates 50 years in the vehicle leasing business in 2013 with charity giveaway
- Will interest rates rise? How will a spike impact vehicle leases or purchases?
- Fleet Sales Support Chevrolet Clean Energy Initiative
- Corporate Fleet Services at the 2015 NAIAS